Background

Tuesday 17 June 2008

For my Horse .......





This was the very first Penny Black stamp I bought especially to make this mini book for the lady who has kindly given my beloved horse a permanent home when I could no longer keep her after 17 years :-( It has taken me ages to finish the darned thing because I just kept putting it off as I still find it upsetting that I have been forced to part with her but I know she has a very good home.
I made the "book" by sticking together A5 cards and then covering them in the background papers and adding ribbon under the front cover to keep it closed. I watercoloured the Penny Black image and mounted it onto silver cardstock which I embossed with the Cuttlebug. I have then added pictures I have collected of Storm over the years and of her mum, dad and sister. I hope that Gale (the lovely person who now has my horse) - will love it. I must admit that buying this stamp led me down that rocky path of becoming a Penny Black Addict ........

3 comments:

Julie said...

Beautiful card and a lot of work but so worth it.

Sarn said...

WOW - that IS a lot of work, but I agree with Julie . . . it's SO worth it. It looks amazing.

Anonymous said...

Definitely worth the hard work, a great result!