Background

Tuesday 17 June 2008

Fathers Day



Well, after a hectic weekend, out at the Craft Open Day during Saturday and then spending the evening at my friend Janine's house for a barbeque on Saturday night, my dad nearly didn't get a card at all!! I intended making this on Saturday night but Janine (who is originally from South Africa) would not let me leave her house until I had tried every South African dish - I must admit, I didn't put up much of a fight, especially when the Don Pedro made an appearance. This is a drink made with ice cream, double cream, coffee liqueur and Baileys - how can a girl say no? As a result, I had to get up early on Sunday and make this double quick. I cut the tag shaped card out first of all, punched the top and added brown ribbon. I can't remember who the background paper is by but it was just in the right place at the right time. The stamps are by Little Claire Designs which I watercoloured and then added my favourite glossy accents to the shoes, wine glass and glasses. I finished of with the little charm the just said Thanks Dad and, even though it was a rush job, he loved it so the ice cream and alcohol was worth it - thanks Janine xx

3 comments:

Julie said...

Glad you had a good time and still managed to create a brill card.

Sarn said...

Oh that's a great Dad's Day card. Hope you didn't have a hang over!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm Baileys etc, what's not to like????? Its a great card Yvonne, very creative.