Background

Sunday 7 September 2008

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - 13


For my next project, the challenge this week was "One for the Girls" and this image just had to be the one. I coloured in Sakura Stardust pens and added glitter. I then decoupaged it and added glitter (girls always need a bit of bling! The background papers are by DCWV and K & Co and the flourish is from a clear stamp set from Kars (cheap and cheeful but lovely) which, along with the Prisma flowers wouldn't let me leave the craft shop yesterday and begged to come with with me - honest!! I added a couple of pearly brads and the seentiment, which is by Penny Black was embossed in brown. Can you see what I mean about brown embossing with this paper? Looks better than the pink on the earlier mixed up baby card don't you think??!!

10 comments:

tracie said...

oh wow gorgeous and girlie, love this image and the little pegs are really cute - great work Yvonne.
Thanks for joining us this week :)x

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card for the challenge - love the papers, great colour work on your image Yvonne and I love how you have used the little pegs
thanks for joining in the challenge at PBSc this week
Love
kath
xxxx

Sarn said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS and very girlie xxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous and girlie!

Pauline C said...

This is adorable ... I agree about the stamp as it is the one i used .. amazing how many different ways you can do this stamp - those pegs are wonderful! And the decoupage gives it a real lift! Love it!
Pauline x

Cardmaking Galore said...

Stunning card! i love the embossing and the general layout

Julie said...

I simply love it.

Rach said...

oooh this is lovely I really like this image and this is the 3rd card i have seen today using this one...they all look so different..well done. hug srachxx

Mrs Wonka said...

Love it....

Mrs Wonka x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!!!