Background

Thursday 25 September 2008

Baby Shower


My daughter's best friend, Debbie and her partner, are due to have their first baby in a couple of weeks and we were invited to a baby shower last weekend. I thought this little House Mouse stamp was perfect. I coloured it using watercolour pencils but for the water used a blue sSakura stardust pen to watercolour with and finished by adding glossy accents. I used Laura Ashley backing papers and a border punch to get the lace effect and lettering using my trusty Cuttlebug. I finally added the always necessary flower and brad (need to stock up soon .....) and,wait for it, ribbon - phew!! We know she is having a little girl so I was justified in all of the pink :-)

3 comments:

Sarn said...

WOW - that's gorgeous. Great idea about the water effects. May nick those of you!

Julie said...

How sweet, love the ribbon contrast colour.

Anonymous said...

Love this card too, fab colours, you obv have a good eye for colour!!!