Background

Wednesday 24 September 2008

Sorry I haven't been around .....

but I've had a rotten couple of weeks and haven't really wanted to do anything as a result.

I was taken ill around two weeks ago and have now been diagnosed as having epilepsy. This has meant I have had to surrender my driving licence and, because of the distance I work from home, have also had to hand my notice in at work and am due to finish at the end of October and leave a job and colleagues that I have loved working with for the last two years :-(

I must admit, it came as quite a shock but, now I have come to terms with the fact (and the realisation that I can craft as I am going to be without a job for a short while - woohoo!!) I am finally getting back on track. Trouble is, I can't drive myself to the craft shops anymore (maybe a good thing as I'm not going to be earning anything either - whoops)

So I would like to apologise to all my blogging friends, who I feel I have neglected, but I am back (I hope that's a good thing??!! ......) I will catch up with everyone and add some of the cards I have made over the last few days.


4 comments:

Sarn said...

Of COURSE it's a good thing you're back hun. I for one (and I know I won't be alone) have MISSED YOU.

Pauline C said...

Ooh so sorry to hear you've not been well hun ... wondered why I hadn't heard from you but I assumed there must be a good reason. Hope you will soon get back into the swing of things and eveything will settle down with your epilepsy ... maybe yo will be ab el to drive again eventually if you get it under control with medication. anyways, hope things will sort themselves out for the best. Take care
hugs
pauline x

Julie said...

Sorry to hear your news Yvonne, life's a bummer but so glad you're back, and I can't wait to see the beautiful cards you've made. Take care of yourself, Julie xxx

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your not well, make the most of this free time and make cards to your hearts content!!! Fab use of unexpected spare time!!!