Background

Sunday 7 September 2008

Cute Card Thursday Challenge and My First Magnolia!!


Well, it's all downhill from her as I have finally succumbed and bought some Magnolia Stamps ...... I have been itching to use them and this is my very first and, I expect, one of many. The theme on the Cute Card Thursday Challenge for this week is Pretty in Pink and I don't find it hard to use pink at any time (even my little dogs go out in matching pink collars and leads - must to my dad's embarrassment when he walks them!!) Anyway, back to the matter in hand - I watercoloured Tilda with pencils and used a Sakura stardust pen for her wings. The frame is by Craftwork cards and I coloured the flowers in Twinkling H2O's and added a bit of glitter (can't beat a bit of glitter) and finally coloured the frame in pink with glitter chalks to finish my shimmer theme. The wonderful Julie sent me a roll of ribbon yesterday (thanks again Julie - still can't cut that one) but I felt I was able to part with a bit from my stash to celebrate. Ooh, nearly forgot, the sentiment was from Craftwork Cards too!!

8 comments:

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, the Tilda is so sweet and I love the flowers. Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Deb said...

beautiful card, love the frame, thank you for joining in the CCT challenge!

Mrs Wonka said...

Really lovely card, I love the frame.
Mrs Wonka x

Sarn said...

It's a lovely card Yvonne.

Julie said...

I love the layout and colours, the frame is just gorgeous too.

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!! Lots of work involved in this one!

Anonymous said...

Wauw What a fantastic card.
You are so talentet.
I have given you an award.
Look at my website:
www.dot-scrap.dk

Pauline C said...

Hiya hun ... fab card. You've been tagged ... look at my blog for the rules :-)
Pauline x