Background

Sunday 28 September 2008

A little bit of decoupage .......


My dad asked me to make a card for his sister and, as she is a big lover of flowers, I thought this would be ideal. I don't know who the decoupage is by but my wonderful friend Lyn gave it to me. It took me flippin' hours to cut it out and layer it with Pinflair glue, but I think the final result was worth it!! The card was an embossed frame card and I just added a piece of gold mirri card to the middle so that the decoupage would stand out. I chalked the embossed bits and added the sentiment by Craftwork Cards.

She phoned my dad to say how much she loved the card so the extra effort was definitely worth it. (Don't know whether I'd do it again in a hurry tho' ......)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! What a fabulous card! You must have the patience of a saint!!! Its beautiful!

Sarn said...

Decoupage IS fiddly . . . but I always love the result. This card is FAB Yvonne- not surprised the recipient phoned to say how much she liked it.

Julie said...

Gorgeous!

Fae said...

Great card Vonnie, loving your new cards, sorry I haven't been around for a while, I've not been able to log on for a while as my dad's broadband has been playing up!

Good to be back for the time being though.

Take care, Fae xxx