Background

Saturday 31 May 2008

Feeling Uplifted!!


Wow, it's amazing what you can achieve in a day when the sun's shining. I've mowed the lawns, dug the borders, planted some bedding plants, done all of my washing, half the housework, walked and bathed the dogs, cleaned out the hamsters and,wait for it- brace yourself - cleaned the windows!! Look out for all of this groundbreaking news on the late BBC News .....
Not only that, but after all of the inspiration you have given me, I have finally made the card that I had in mind when I bought this image at Bolton a couple of weeks ago (Sandra's fault) and am really pleased with the result. I love it :-)
I printed two of the Penny Black Uplifting Occasion images onto white card stock and coloured it with watercolour pencils and added a bit of glitter to the washing and the butterflies. I then cut out one of the images and decoupaged it using foam pads and adding the little clothes pegs in place of the ones on the stamp. I then edged the card with a Sakura blue silver shadow pen to give some defenition. I layered it, again using foam pads to give extra depth, over a piece of K & Co paper which I decided to tear rather than give it a straight edge. I finally added the ribbon, brad and the three gems. I haven't added a sentiment yet because I can't think of parting with it just yet and am waiting for my Woodware sentiments to arrive (Sandra's fault again, she's a dangerous woman you know and a little bit gargoyle looking!!)

6 comments:

Julie said...

Have a lie down, you've worked hard enough for one day. Do you really think Sandra looks like a gargoyle? Love the card.

Julie said...

I forgot to say, Sandra leads me astray as well, and I love every minute of it.

Yvonne said...

If you saw the photo she sent to me of herself, you would know exactly what I was talking about. I've still not recovered .....

Sarn said...

Hee hee heee . . . . sorry about my weird SOH, but I do look like a gargoyle first thing in the morning!

Well even if I do lead you all astray - at least you all have fun with your goodies. One can't help having such good taste can one?

Sarn said...

Oooh . . .forgot to say Yvonne . . I just LOVE LOVE LOVE that card hon. Brilliant.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, I have seen this image coloured a few times now, and each one is fab!!!